Bhutan Enchanting Kindom
SMH-57 | 04 Nights/05 Days
Phuentsholling(01Nts)-Thimphu(01Nts)- Paro (01nts)- Phuentsholling - Jaldaphara(01Nts)
Day 1: PHUENTSHOLLING
Arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport. Transfer to Phuentsholling (980ft / 42kms / 03hrs).After a drive of along road lined with lush green tea Garden you will reach Phuentsholling, the gateway to Bhutan. Overnight at Hotel at Phuentsholling.
Day 2: PHUENTSHOLLING- THIMPHU
After breakfast, proceed to Thimphu, (7875ft / 170kms / 06 -07hrs) After two hour drive through light mountain jungle, displaying lianas and orchids, we pass over the first ridge and begin a long and gradual decent to the river which is the source of energy for the massive Chukha Hydel hydroelectric power project. We cross the river and rise up the mountainside ever further into the hills, leaving Chukha and the small town of Chimakothi behind us. Lunch is served en route. On arrival in Thimphu, check in hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Thimpu
Day 3: THIMPHU – PARO
Morning visit to Tashichhodzong, the main secretariat building which houses the throne room of His Majesty, the King. Tashichhodzong is also the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot) and the central monk body. Proceed to the national Library, which houses an extensive collection of Buddhist literature, with some works dating back several hundred years, Visit the nearby Institute for Zorig Chusum (commonly known as painting school), Proceed to Paro after Lunch (7218ft /55kms / 02 hrs). Check in at hotel and take an evening stroll along the main street, and perhaps visit a few handicrafts shops, or take refreshments at a local café or bar, Night at Paro.
Day 4: PARO- PHUENTSHOLLING/JALDAPARA
The valley of Paro contains a wealth of attractions. In the morning, visit Ta Dzong. Once a watchtower, built to defend Rinpung Dzong during inter-valley wars of the 17th century, Ta Dzong was inaugurated as Bhutans’ National Museum in 1968. After Breakfast, drive ups the valley to view the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong, 18 km. From Paro town on the north side of the valley. It was from here that the Bhutanese repelled several invading Tibetan armies during the 17th century. Also visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the kingdom. After early lunch to drive to Jaldapara in India (190kms / 06 – 07 hrs). Jaldapara is a famous Wild Life Sanctuary for one horned rhino and Indian elephant. Night stay at hotel.
Day 5: Phuntsholing/JALDAPARA- BAGDOGRA / NJP
Early morning elephant ride/car safari inside the grassland of Jaldapara to watch the great Indian Rhino in their natural habitat.Drive to Bagdogra/NJP Station (142kms / 04hrs) to your onward journey.
Tour Cost : Per Person (In INR)
|CATEGORY||02 PAX||04 PAX||06 PAX||08 PAX||Extra Bed|
PROPERTIES USED IN THE PACKAGE
|Premium||Hotel druk/Hotel Lakhi||Hotel Riverview/Hotel Phuntshopelry/Hotel druk||Hotel Olathang/Khitchu Resort|
|Deluxe||Hotel Centinial/Hotel Namgey||Hotel Singey/Hotel Peaceful Resort||Hotel Sonam Thapel/Mandela Resort/Renchepong Lodge|
|Standard||Hotel Central/Hotel Centinial||Hotel Chopel Noggey/Hotel Zeyzong||Hotel Paro/Hotel KK|
|NO. OF PAX||VEHICLE PARTICULARS|
|02 – 04PAX||ALL Transfer & Sightseeing by 01 NON A/C Maruti Van|
|04 – 08 PAX||ALL Transfer & Sightseeing by 01 NON A/C Tata Sumo / Maxx / Hard Top|
The Cost does not include
- Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premium, etc.
- Optional Tours & Sightseeing entry fee.
- Payment for service provided on a personal basis.
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual.
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “Cost Includes” Head.
- Personal expenses on items such as laundry, soft drinks, bottles water, incidentals, porter age, bell-boy charge, tips or any other service.
The following points are to be noted for Child Rate
- Children above 05 + years will be charged 100% as per Adult Rate (EPRS)
- Children below 5 years Complimentary.
Few Words of Operation
- Check in & Check out time of the hotel mentioned is 1200 hrs.
- The vehicle used will be exclusive for that group but will not be at disposal. It will be as per contract.
- The area is upcoming but rich in Nature and the facilities available cannot be matched to those available in the INDIAN Plains and other developed destination. Please inform your. Client about this.
- Bhutan is a hilly area & change is weather is a regular happening. It is advisable that light layer clothing should be carried always. In winter it is advisable to carry heavy woolen.
People traveling to Bhutan should carry their Passport or Voter Identity card to proof their Identity as an Indian National. These documents along with Passport size Photographs (4 copies each) are required for the entry formalities in Phuentsholing and Paro. Childern accompanying their parents may producer their School Identity card or birth certificate in case of non availability of Passport or Voter Identity card.
The Inner Line Permit for Bhutan is issued on producing these documents. To visit Punakha, Wangdi, Bumthang visitors needs one restricted area permit which is available one day in advance from Thimphu. People entering Bhutan by surface are advised to stay one night in Phuentsholing for the entry formalities. The Govt offices in Bhutan are closed on Sunday and Saturday. The visitors are hereby request to plan there trip in such a way that they are not stuck up for permits due to holidays
Indian currency is accepted in Bhutan but Currency notes of 500 and 1000 are not accepted.
Credit card like Master Card and Visa are only accepted.
+91 90020 05006